Summer Adult Camp Registration is Closed
Diabetes Training Camp is SOLD OUT for 2022. Thank you very much for your interest. Please be sure to fill out a Contact Form and sign up for our eNewsletter to receive all DTC news including information on next year's scholarship opportunities, camps and other programs.
DTC Adult Camps are general fitness and multisport camps devoted to all fitness levels. They are uniquely designed for all ages (18-80), all levels, all-comers. We will meet you where you are and help you get where you want to go — whether you want to start a general fitness program, run a marathon, PR a triathlon or anything in between. We are very fortunate to have the best of the best in coaching and education. They are eager to meet you and work with you no matter what your goal is. Simply come ready to learn more, explore your potential and have a great time.
Diabetes Training Camp has truly become a unique medium in which to deliver healthcare education and counseling. At Diabetes Training Camp you will be surrounded by a phenomenal team of people that GET IT and aspire to help you achieve your fitness goals and athletic dreams.
YOU WILL EXPERIENCE
Professional Coaching for All Levels:
- General Fitness, yoga and strength training
- Individualized fitness assessments (at most camps) to help you understand your current fitness levels and training zones, more effectively understand and predict your fuel metabolism, and monitor your progress.
- Run and walk coaching and drills
- Cycle coaching and drills to enable the beginner to feel very comfortable on a bike as well as to challenge the advanced cyclist to master new bike handling skills
- Swimming technique and drills to help you swim stronger and smoother in the water
- Triathlon specialists and transition coaching/tips
Lectures & Workshops:
- Medical and exercise physiology lectures
- Management strategies for exercise and sport
- Nutrition lectures
- Mental skills coaching
- Coaching lectures
- Small group sessions
Connections – Tremendous Friendships and Bonding with Others Like You!
- You will be surrounded by other incredible people, like you, taking on the challenge of living healthfully with diabetes
- You will find that many other campers have similar challenges, experiences and goals. It’s a great opportunity to share, connect, bond and grow.
- Meet friends that will last a lifetime!
A Typical Camp Includes:
- 2-3 lectures per day on topics including diabetes management, nutrition, exercise physiology, coaching and mental skills
- Workouts in the morning and afternoon staffed by expert coaches, medical staff and other clinical specialists. Campers choose daily from cycling, running, walking, swimming, group fitness classes and yoga. Our coaches teach athletes of all levels. If you are interested in anything from a couch to a 5K program to training tips for an Ironman, we’ve got you covered!
- Each camp has one special event (either a guest speaker or a community building event).
- Most importantly, campers become members of an amazing community who rely on, help and share with each other long after camp ends. Each camper will leave with the information, knowledge, tools and community they need to live the life they want to live.
- We keep the number of campers at each program limited so that you have the opportunity to spend quality time, sometimes one-on-one, with individual team members to seek personalized answers.
- Registration fee includes hotel accommodations, all meals and all camp programs.
- In 2021 due to COVID, all campers are required to stay in their own single hotel room.
- In 2021, the registration fee is US $2,550.
- Contact us for more information or with inquiries about setting up a payment plan.
Adult Camp Faculty:
You will work with a highly qualified team of diabetes and exercise specialists, an exercise physiologist, coaches and fitness specialists, registered dieticians and CDEs (Certified Diabetes Educators) and mental skills coaches to help you work toward and meet your goals.
Get to know your team by clicking on the links below:
Please Note: Faculty varies by camp.