Our ADULT Diabetes Training Camp is a weeklong camp devoted to multisport training and general fitness. It is uniquely designed for all ages (18-80), all levels, all-comers. We will meet you where you are and help you get to where you want to go -- whether you want to start a general fitness program, run a marathon, finish a triathlon or anything in between. We are very fortunate to have the best of the best in coaching and education who are eager to meet you and work with you no matter what your goals are.
YOU WILL EXPERIENCE
Professional Technique Coaching for All Levels:
- Cycle coaching and drills to enable the beginner to feel very comfortable on a bike as well as to challenge the advanced cyclist to master new bike handling skills
- Run and walk coaching and drills to help you get moving and keep moving
- Improved swimming techniques to get you moving faster and smoother in the water
- Triathlon specialists and transition coaching/tips: Our staff of triathlon specialists can help you build the skills needed for a smooth race from technique to transition to blood sugar management. They are available to answer questions and provide tips based on years of coaching and participating in triathlons.
Fitness Assessment and Coaching:
- Individualized programs for participants who want to focus on diabetes and fitness
- Fitness sessions that complement other training sessions throughout the day
- Individual Fitness: We offer individual Maximal Exercise Testing (VO2 Max) to help you understand your own physiology better. (This individual fitness testing is not available at all camps. Please ask us if it will be offered at your camp.)
- Establish your fitness level and determine your training zones
- Identify your carbohydrate and fat utilization in different zones
- Monitor your training’s effectiveness
Workshops and Seminars Featuring:
- Diabetes management strategies for exercise and sports including insulin dosing and nutrition
- Mental skills coaching regarding the psychology of sport and exercise for those with diabetes
- Base training techniques
- Small group sessions
Tremendous Friendships and Bonding with Others Like You!
- You will be surrounded by other incredible people, like yourself, taking on the challenge of living healthfully with diabetes.
- You will find that many other campers have similar challenges, experiences and goals. It’s a great opportunity to share, connect, bond and grow.
- Make friendships that will last a lifetime!